3M™ modular splicing kit 5815 includes 1 cable adapter, 1 aluminum compressed connector, 1 cold shrink jacketing tube, 2 silicone lubricants and more. It provides installation information for wire shield, tape shield, UniShield® and jacketed concentric, neutral type solid dielectric cables. For use with 5815 kits to provide for it is suitable for dead ending, splicing and connecting to dead front apparatus like switches, switchgear and transformers that are equipped with bushings. It has an insulating plug that provides a safe means of testing the circuit without disturbing the bolted connection. Simply adding or removing modular components helps the system for future modification. Meets ANSI/IEEE standard 386.
- Item Features
Country of OriginUS
Specifications600 A Current, 5 to 8 kV Voltage, 250 kcmil Conductor, 100 to 133% Insulation, 0.785 to 0.97 in Dia Insulation
Suitable For Use With5815 Series Splicing Kit, Tap Splicing Kit, Equipment Kit and Dead-End Kit, Jacketed Concentric Neutral Industrial Shielded Power Cable, Tape Shield, UniShield® and Wire Shield Cable
Cable Adapter, Aluminum Compression Connector, Cold Shrink Jacketing Tube, Constant Force Spring, Ground Braid Assembly, (2) Mastic Sealing Strips, (2) Silicone Lubricants, CC-3 Cable Cleaning Pad Kit and Instruction Sheet
- Modular design allows custom tailoring for various splicing functions and configurations, such as multiple taps, sectionalizing, dead-ending, adding-on
- Bolt together components allows dead break disconnecting and reuse of the connecting components
- Molded conductive outer jacket provides for a fully shielded dead front connection which meets the requirements of ieee standard 592 "Exposed semi-conducting shields on high voltage cable joints and separable insulated connectors"
- Kit packaging designed for industrial use, the kits simplify the selection ordering and stocking of appropriate system components
- Shield adapter kits cold shrink design for simple shield rejacketing
- Kits provide all of the components necessary for adapting the separable connector to specific cable sizes and shielding types of common industrial power cables
- Voltage test point the dead end plug provides a high impedance test point for safely checking the de-energized status of the circuit
- 250 kcmil stranded at 5 kV 133%, 250 kcmil stranded at 8 kV 100% and 250 kcmil stranded at 8 kV 133%