- Family owned and locally operated for nearly 50 years!
- Our money stays here! We reinvest in the communities we serve!
- 17 locations in Kansas serving all of Kansas and parts of Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas and places beyond!
- We have 240 employees dedicated to serving you!
- Our inventory is demand-driven based on local market needs!
- 24/7 emergency service with Stanion employees on call!
- Stanion Wholesale Electric Co. ranks #67 in size, in the Top 200 distributors in the nation in 2009 by Electrical Wholesaling!
- Fully trained Automation, DataCom, Lighting, Utility, and Energy Services Specialists are solutions driven!
- We are a "Green" company working to conserve energy and save our environment!
- National integrated supply - we are where you are!
Stanion Wholesale Electric Co. was founded in June of 1961 when Bobbe and Jud Stanion purchased an electrical repair and supply business from Charlie Grassman. Charlie Grassman's business was located at 113 West Second in Pratt, KS, a building which now serves as a photography studio. Stanion Wholesale Electric Co. commenced business with four employees: Jud Stanion, Bobbe Stanion, Jean Doris Galliart, and Eddy Galliart.
Jud was the inside/counter sales representative. Eddy served as the first outside sales representative. All the office functions that are now handled by our corporate offices, such as accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, and pricing were originally handled by Bobbe and Jean Doris.
With 16 branches in the State of Kansas, Stanion Wholesale Electric Co. covers all of the State of Kansas plus parts of Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, and Nebraska. The company also makes sales to numerous other locations both inside and outside the United States.
The company currently has approximately 240 employees in a diversity of occupations and environments. The company headquarters are still in Pratt, but in 1968 they moved from 113 West 2nd to 812 S. Main. The corporate office handles all of the finance, accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, pricing, purchasing, company Data Center, personnel, payroll, training, communications, and the overall management of the company. The individual branches operate like separate businesses; and each have their own manager, sales staff, warehouse, inventory, delivery vehicles, etc.
The company continues to be run as a family business with Jud Stanion (retired) as Chairman of the Board and Bill Keller as President and CEO. Stanion Wholesale Electric Co. operates with a conservative nature and will continue to do so. This philosophy has served the company well, helping it to grow and prosper. Stanion Wholesale reinvests in the communities it serves through financial support and volunteer efforts for community and charitable organizations and activities.
Stanion Wholesale Electrical Supply donates to many worthy causes and organizations serving local communities. Stanion is Special Olympics' largest corporate sponsor in the state of Kansas.